External SFZ libraries
What they do
The ARIA Player can load any SFZ-formatted sample library. There are several options for managing SFZ libraries that are not part of a Garritan product.
Some third-party vendors, such as Cakewalk and Alchemy, have created large SFZ sample libraries that are compatible with the ARIA Player.
- Click the Settings button. The Settings view appears.
- Next to User files path, click Set.
The user files path is a single location where you can store your external SFZ libraries (anything that is in the SFZ format but not an ARIA-based sample library).
- Choose the folder location and click OK.
- Next to Converted files path, click Set.
The converted files path is a single location where you can store SFZ files which were converted from a different format (SF2, DLS, Acidized wav). Plogue's Sforzando player includes a converter utility for these other formats.
- Choose the folder location and click OK. Any discovered converted SFZs will appear as banks in the ARIA Player.